Tuesday 28 May 2013

Unusual Skills

Atticus has a skill that he chooses to keep hidden. We did some free writing about skills we have and this is what i wrote:

I am a chameleon, invisible to all. Of course, being invisible is the easy part, I do that by accident, it's getting noticed that I can't do. This can be a great advantage in school life as I can talk in class virtually unnoticed (evidently, I get the work done as well). I am rarely picked on to do things and people don't pay any attention if I do something really embarrassing or absurd which can be infinitely useful. This skill also makes me the champion of hide and seek, although it may help that I am small and can squeeze into some unusual places.

However there can be many disadvantages to this clever talent of mine. Often I walk past people I know and they won’t even notice me; I seem to be very easy to forget. No one remembers my name, or who I am. It's not as if I have an uncommon name, in fact my name is so common that it must make me less significant in comparison to the rest of the population. I have been forgotten on several occasions and most of the people I know (of) have no idea that I even exist.

1 comment:

  1. I love the writing style of this and your use of words- this is a very honest thing to post online! :)

    ReplyDelete